[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Clusters

I don't use a hit counter on this site, but I do keep an eye on where the visitors come from using the ClusterMaps global tracker.

I compared a snapshot of my site:


against an easily three times more popular techie site authored by Stowe Boyd:


If you look carefully, you will notice that Boyd's site has a more densely populated visitor pin-cushion in almost every part of the world except for a few sparsely populated yet "Western" regions -- Australia, Scandinavia, and Northern Canada.

Those people must know something I don't.

Anyone game to start a drilling operation in Churchill?

Update: And then I find someone linking me from Hawaii, channelling some other kind of energy source. Hemp perhaps? Or more likely, like John Nash's Beautiful Mind, some people need the mathematics to keep from going completely stir crazy.

3 Comments:

Professor Blogger JMS said...

re Hawaii -- now, see what could happen to you if you smoke too much crank and chew on turgid mushrooms?

part of me wants to say that blog is generated by some smartass algorithm as a preface for submission to a deconstructed post-modern journal.

some things are better off as mysteries.

9:39 PM  
Professor Blogger @whut said...

I know that you know that some wise-guy did just that. He got an auto-generated paper accepted at a CompSci conference.

9:20 PM  
Professor Blogger El Gato con Bolas said...

Here Fernando (a.k.a THE red dot), surfing from Buenos Aires.

Cheers

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"