[[ Check out my Wordpress blog Context/Earth for environmental and energy topics tied together in a semantic web framework ]]

Friday, June 02, 2006

How to tell if something reeks

Somehow a blog entry of mine has generated a Google top-ranking for queries on "Klein gas". Because of this ranking and some recent news stories and videos on the hydrogen-oxygen gas mixture, I have received a spate of recent comments.

Now, I have no special expertise on the reputed quackery of Klein gas, HHO, Aquygen, or Brown's gas (or whatever they decide to call it). But I do know that if a throw-away analysis of mine has a higher Google ranking than a credible science-based home page, then I have little hope for the gas's practical utility.

Steve Lusko/Matthew Lesko. Which name matches that of a renowned pitchman charlatan?

Lesko says this:
"Someone's got to get this money, so it might as well be you."
While Lusko says this:
"The only fools that would [call the technology a scam] are people who haven't seen it. It's not possible to make that statement if they have any idea what they're talking about. ... I witness the technology every single day of my life."
But Daystrom clears the board:
"Twenty years of groping to prove the things I'd done before were not accidents... seminars and lectures to rows of fools who couldn't begin to understand my systems... colleagues, laughing behind my back at the 'Boy Wonder' and becoming famous, building on my work -- building on my work!"

3 Comments:

Professor Blogger @whut said...

I forgot Ronco:
"Slice a tomato so thin it only has one side."

10:02 PM  
Professor Blogger Gary McGath said...

I've posted an analysis of this nonsense on my blog.

5:55 AM  
Professor Blogger @whut said...

gm, Good concise analysis. There is a metastability element to the HHO gas that I believe is not well understood. Somebody commented that if you accidentallly inhale the stuff, bad news.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


"Like strange bulldogs sniffing each other's butts, you could sense wariness from both sides"